Enjoy The Taste of Eating Right!KU Dining’s two registered dietitians, Cheryl Wiley and Mary Rondon, are encouraging the KU community to celebrate National Nutrition Month® 2014 by returning to the basics of healthful eating.
This year’s theme for National Nutrition Month is “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right.” Throughout March, KU Dining Services will be hosting activities campus wide to help the KU community combine taste and nutrition to create healthy meals that follow the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Participants who attend scheduled events will not only enhance their nutritional knowledge while participating in some fun, they may even win a prize!
- “Nutrition & Wellness Showcase,” March 5, Kansas Memorial Union, Level 4, 11a.m to 1:00 p.m.
- “Nutrition Game Day.” Events take place from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. each day.
- March 7: The Underground in Wescoe
- March 11: Mortar & Pestle in the KU School of Pharmacy
- March 12, Crimson Café in the Burge Union 2nd floor
- “Nutrition Game Night.” Events take place from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. each evening.
- March 24, Oliver Dining in Oliver Hall
- March 26, Ekdahl Dining in Lewis Hall
- March 27, North College Café at GSP
March 12 marks “Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day,” when the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) acknowledges the significant work RDNs do as advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.
“Good nutrition can and should be delicious and exciting, and RDs and RDNs have the tools and expertise to help Kansans make 2014 their healthiest year yet” Laurie said.
Members of the KU & Lawrence community are encouraged to schedule an appointment to interview Cheryl Wiley, MS RD LD, during the month of March to learn more about KU Dining’s commitment to National Nutrition Month® through our programmed events and activities.
The Kansas Dietetic Association is a state affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). AND is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. With nearly 72,000 members, the Chicago-based AND strives to improve the nation’s health through food and nutrition. To learn more, visit AND at www.eatright.org. KU Dining Services is a function of the KU Memorial Union, a not-for-profit service organization at the University of Kansas. The KU Memorial Union and its affiliates provide campus dining services, event services and educational and recreational services for the University community. For more information, visit union.ku.edu/dining.